Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Our new Favorite Hobbie!!!





What a fun ride this has been, we love it and are addicted!! People say "How could we love doing this to our bodies", well let me explain how it all started and the amazing process. My sister of five children, Young Women's President, business owner and much more decided that they wanted to train and accomplish this huge goal. I had always wanted to get into Triathlons but thought where was the time, how could I do it with children, businesses, church, family and all the other day to day life tasks?Until one night my sister was telling me that for the first time in her life she was starting to love running. It made my heart so excited that she loved something that I was so passionate about. It is not easy to start running, your feet, back, calves, knees, heart...everything hurts but as time goes on it feels incredible and you start to crave it. My sweet Heather was the one to make me finally reach for this dream. THANK YOU!!! Not only did I start training but Scott did too and it became our Joy together. We became closer than before just by being there for each other through each workout and encouraging when we wanted to give up! Everyday revolved around Our Two sweethearts first and then our Training, it was fun, Fun, FUN. Running one day, the next biking, and the day after Swimming(lessons of course), this was great because everyday we switched it up. What was even more fun was that Scotty(uncle), Heather(sister),Dave(Dad), John(uncle), Chris(brother in-law) and Travis(business partner) all joined in for the adventure. We all talked daily about our workouts, our worries, and gave support to each other. Our First and the one we will never forget was Salem Springs Triathlon, we all stayed at a hotel and ate breakfast together in the morning. We were all one big jumble of nerves, but had the support standing right next to us at the Start line. We didn't get to race together and I am glad for that because when the gun goes off you are all alone and you have to rely on yourself and yourself only!!! At that point it all changes, you have to battle against your body, the water, being kicked in the head (20 times), biking up hills, and Cramping!!! It is a physical yet, mental fight and it is incredible to see yourself push to that extreme. I can't explain what it feels like to cross that line, but the words Relief, Satisfaction, Courage and Faith all come to my mind. It is emotional and I love it! I Know this was a long post but I just got back from a great run tonight and the only thing that was going through my mind was that I Loved my Life and Feeling the Freedom and Peace that comes in the solitude of running and physical exercise. It makes me a better mom, wife, sister and daughter and I am Thankful to my Heavenly Father for letting me love this passion.





No comments:

Post a Comment